FICCI Webinar – Fidel CEO, Mr. Sunil Kulkarni in the panel discussion
On 22nd April 2020, FICCI-ILIA arranged a WEBINAR on Importance of Language Computing Technologies during Global Health Crisis.
The panelist for this session was Mr. Sunil Kulkarni, CEO, Fidel Softech & LinguaSol, Mr. Vivekananda, Head of India at ICANN, Ms. Madhu Sundaramurthy – Operations Head – APAC, Summa Linguae Technologies, & Ms. Apurva Mudgal, Director of Product and Partnerships at Haptik. The Moderator for this session was Udit Tyagi, Entrepreneur in residence at Times Internet.
The session focused on the industry issues, new opportunities arising out of the pandemic, and how language technologies and services can help in raising the awareness and dissipate information amongst people at the grassroots especially in a multilingual society like India.
The important points discussed in this session are,
- Need for translation of websites, vernacular UI for net banking is very much felt in such unique lockdown circumstances
- Speech to speech translation will be very useful in coming years and technology is catching up fast
- The interpretation sector is affected positively and many more requirements are seen in this sector
- Virtual interpretation, sign language interpretation, video conferencing are gaining market share and seen useful in hospitals and healthcare
- Due to lockdown increase in eCommerce sales where the need for localized UI is felt
- Leverage vernacular UI interface for last-mile delivery to push net / mobile banking as people no longer can visit banks or talk to the staff at the counter
- Technology, Accessibility, investments, social-economic services coming together will help a lot
All the panelists discussed the importance of Language Computing Technologies and answered all the questions asked by the viewers in this webinar. It was a successful event.
Feel free to contact us for any of your language-related queries, we are happy to help you.
Ref. No – FN08221001