ERP Software Localization in Hindi – Case study
About the Client:
Client is a German multinational ERP software company. It develops enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. The company is the world’s leading enterprise resource planning software vendor.
Originally all applications developed in English or German language however, due to increased product adoption from users in Indian markets; they were looking to release these applications in Hindi language to expand their business.
Service: Translation, Localization, review, test
Source language: English
Target languages: Hindi.
Word Volume: 30 million words.
TAT: Daily delivery translation submission
Tools and technology: Client proprietary translation editor, SDL Trados Studio, SDL Passolo, XTM Cloud, Smartling, X-bench 2.0 for QA, Global test system and START for language testing.
- There were many ERP vendors in the market, so it was necessary to release these applications at earliest to remain competitive in the Indian market.
- Required to follow language rules and regulations of Indian government
- Required the vendor partner to use specific tools and process .
- Since the scope, turnaround time, tool learning were complex, Fidel put together a plan and a team in a short span. A team of 50 members was put together to finish and deliver assigned volume within given time.
- Fidel created a language style guide consisting of grammar and stylistic parameters which were needed to be considered during translation.
- The source text consisted of different domains; hence Fidel team translated the terminology first so that it could be later used in translations according to domain.
- Deliveries were done on a daily basis so that translated text could be processed and released in parallel.